Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Update on R.J.

Since the previous blog R.J. has had 5 more surgeries. He is holding on to the good small bowel that is left. He is awake for the most part. The ventilator is turned off but still in. There is still swelling of the other organs and they cannot do reconstructive surgery in his abdomen until it is all gone. He has been open since the first surgery on April 1st. They are really needing to be able to reconstruct and close him up.

We really need your prayers. As soon as they take the tube out of his throat the detectives will question him. Please pray that we can be there. He is very safe and secure with us there. I am afraid he will be too afraid to tell the truth if we are not there to reassure him that he can come home with us when this is all over.

The surgeons are going (in) everyday and looking and as soon as the swelling is down enough they will start reconstruction. Therefore we will really have no warning it could be any time. The surgery will be 6-8 hours.

Our life as you can imagine is up in the air. We need to work, but our heart is to be with our grandson to help him recover and mostly to protect him. We don't know what happened, who hurt him and it is so very difficult to be 800 miles away. We are self-employed so we can get up and go without a boss to answer to. However, work has been basically non-existent since the first of the year. My husband is trying to do some small jobs enough to finance our trip back and stay there. Hotels and traveling is very expensive. Please pray for provisions so that we can be where we need to be.

I will update as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your prayers. It is a miracle that our grandson is still with us. He is not "out of the woods" by any means, so we continue to need your prayers for R.J. We would love to be celebrating his 9th birthday with him here safe and sound.

1 comment:

Nina in Portugal said...

Thanks Ms. Lora for the update. I've had several people ask me if I had heard anything lately.

We will continue to pray for you and for God's provisions as well.

I love you.
~Nina

Followers

Madison & Malachi

Madison & Malachi
The exploration of an inch worm

My Blog Roll

  • What I Learned from Luke - About three weeks ago, I was asked to babysit for three of my grandchildren who live here in Gardendale; Katie Jane age 3, Luke age 2 and Olivia (Livie) ju...
    14 years ago
  • Coffee with a Friend - I had coffee with a friend this morning. She asked me, "Why Portugal"....it was fun telling her our story. She also got told the very funny story of me ...
    9 years ago

About Me

My photo
Empire, Alabama, United States
I am happily married to Jimmy McGee, he is my best friend and the love of my life. I have two children. My son Philip who went on to be with the Lord in November 2005, at the age of (almost) 21 and left behind my precious daughter-in-law Rhonda and his twin babies Madison and Malachi who are so very precious to me. My beautiful daughter Kacey who will be 21 on April 26th. Kacey is happily married to Matt Henry and they are expecting their first child John-Philip at the end of May. These are the people most dear to me and make my world the wonderful place that it is! JUST ADDED! New grandson was born on May 7th John-Philip Ryne Henry!

Portugal Bound!

Portugal Bound!