Thursday, April 23, 2009

R.J.

Today, Thursday April 23rd our grandson is about to undergo another surgery. On Monday the surgeons did the "big one". They did six re-connections. Connecting the small bowel, the pancreas, the gallbladder, the colon (what's left of it). They had one shot to put things back together they didn't really want to do it that way, however time was running out. He was bleeding out from the lining getting deteriorated from all the leaking fluids in his body. The prognosis on Monday, was "very slim chance of surviving the next 5 days", if he does then half of the battle will be won.
They are going in today to see how the "hook-up" is holding. They are keeping him paralyzed so that nothing comes apart. We don't get to talk to him and get a response but we still talk to him and tell him how much we love him and that we are here.


O.K. he is back from surgery. All went well! From what they could see everything is holding together. He has to make it through the next two days and if he does then they say half of the battle is won.

They let him wake up, they took away the paralytic meds so now he is looking at us and responding very well. If all goes well they may take him off the ventilator tomorrow.
Please pray for us tomorrow. If he is off the ventilator and can talk and we may find out what happened to him. This will prove to be difficult and we are sure heart breaking.

It is hard to concentrate right now but I hope this gets you pretty much updated. Please keep the prayers coming.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

thank you for the update. I'm sure it was hard to think with all that is going on. We are praying for you all there. Love ya, Sandy

Nina in Portugal said...

Thank You Ms. Lora for the update. I wanted to try to get in touch with you yesterday, but at the same time I want to stay out of your way....

Anyway...we are praying for RJ...and for you...

Followers

Madison & Malachi

Madison & Malachi
The exploration of an inch worm

My Blog Roll

  • What I Learned from Luke - About three weeks ago, I was asked to babysit for three of my grandchildren who live here in Gardendale; Katie Jane age 3, Luke age 2 and Olivia (Livie) ju...
    14 years ago
  • Coffee with a Friend - I had coffee with a friend this morning. She asked me, "Why Portugal"....it was fun telling her our story. She also got told the very funny story of me ...
    9 years ago

About Me

My photo
Empire, Alabama, United States
I am happily married to Jimmy McGee, he is my best friend and the love of my life. I have two children. My son Philip who went on to be with the Lord in November 2005, at the age of (almost) 21 and left behind my precious daughter-in-law Rhonda and his twin babies Madison and Malachi who are so very precious to me. My beautiful daughter Kacey who will be 21 on April 26th. Kacey is happily married to Matt Henry and they are expecting their first child John-Philip at the end of May. These are the people most dear to me and make my world the wonderful place that it is! JUST ADDED! New grandson was born on May 7th John-Philip Ryne Henry!

Portugal Bound!

Portugal Bound!