Thursday, May 7, 2009

"I Love You MeMe" Sweetest words I ever heard

Well, praise God! After asking prayer Sunday at church, and sending out the emails about R.J. not speaking, I was really concerned about what was going on with him. Around 11pm Monday night we got a phone call. Rusty (R.J.'s) dad called to say that he was leaning over R.J. and said, "I know you can talk R.J. I just want to hear you say I love you, daddy." Without further hesitation R.J. said "I love you daddy"!

Praise God!

Rusty was so excited when he called and told us, we had only a moment, but he put the phone to R.J.'s mouth and I heard the most precious words....."I love you MeMe". It don't get any better than that. I didn't know if I would ever hear that or anything else from my precious grandson again. Poppa missed out on getting to talk because that was all the talking for the night. However, he has since spoken to R.J. and got to hear precious words and had a little bit of a conversation.

Look what happens when God's people pray. Jimmy and I can never thank you enough for your prayers and support.

Please don't stop praying. He is not "out of the woods", yet. After all that excitement Monday night, we got a call Tuesday morning that he was spitting up blood. He now appears to have a bleeding ulcer. They also found a pocket of fluid but can't figure out where it originated so they added another drain.

This has truly been a roller coaster experience but thrilling to watch all the miracles time and time again.

We have no clue what tomorrow holds but we do know who holds tomorrow.

Please keep praying.

2 comments:

Nina in Portugal said...

Ms. Lora!! This gave me chill bumps! Praise the Lord you got to hear that precious voice yet again!

We're still praying!

Janice: AKA Nanny said...

Lora, I was so glad to see this post and hear that A.J. spoke. I am praying for all of you and am anxious to hear any good news.

Followers

Madison & Malachi

Madison & Malachi
The exploration of an inch worm

My Blog Roll

  • What I Learned from Luke - About three weeks ago, I was asked to babysit for three of my grandchildren who live here in Gardendale; Katie Jane age 3, Luke age 2 and Olivia (Livie) ju...
    14 years ago
  • Coffee with a Friend - I had coffee with a friend this morning. She asked me, "Why Portugal"....it was fun telling her our story. She also got told the very funny story of me ...
    9 years ago

About Me

My photo
Empire, Alabama, United States
I am happily married to Jimmy McGee, he is my best friend and the love of my life. I have two children. My son Philip who went on to be with the Lord in November 2005, at the age of (almost) 21 and left behind my precious daughter-in-law Rhonda and his twin babies Madison and Malachi who are so very precious to me. My beautiful daughter Kacey who will be 21 on April 26th. Kacey is happily married to Matt Henry and they are expecting their first child John-Philip at the end of May. These are the people most dear to me and make my world the wonderful place that it is! JUST ADDED! New grandson was born on May 7th John-Philip Ryne Henry!

Portugal Bound!

Portugal Bound!