Friday, May 9, 2008

MeMe Again


May 7, 2008 at 2:51 pm John-Philip was added to our family. Yes, of course he is beautiful. He was 3 weeks early and weighed in at 6lbs 14ozs and 18 3/4 inches long.

My daughter Kacey is a mom now! She ended up having to have a c-section. Never a dull moment during this pregnancy. She had some scary moments that we thought she was going to have a big seizure, (she has epilepsy)but there were a lot of prayers going up and she made it through. She does have an infection but is doing better. John-Philip is in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. His respirations are irregular and fast. He has a small chance of having meningitis due to how long Kacey's water was broken before delivery.

She named the baby after her brother, so his first name is John-Philip. It was a happy day and also one of those missing Philip days. We were all here, Rhonda, Malachi and Madison, and we believe Philip got to peek down at his name sake.

I know this a rather dull blog considering I just became a MeMe again, but I've had just a few hours sleep since Tuesday morning. I will try to make the next one a little more interesting.
Lora

1 comment:

Nina in Portugal said...

A new precious baby is a gift from Heaven and there is nothing boring about it! You're right...he's beautiful!

Followers

Madison & Malachi

Madison & Malachi
The exploration of an inch worm

My Blog Roll

  • What I Learned from Luke - About three weeks ago, I was asked to babysit for three of my grandchildren who live here in Gardendale; Katie Jane age 3, Luke age 2 and Olivia (Livie) ju...
    14 years ago
  • Coffee with a Friend - I had coffee with a friend this morning. She asked me, "Why Portugal"....it was fun telling her our story. She also got told the very funny story of me ...
    9 years ago

About Me

My photo
Empire, Alabama, United States
I am happily married to Jimmy McGee, he is my best friend and the love of my life. I have two children. My son Philip who went on to be with the Lord in November 2005, at the age of (almost) 21 and left behind my precious daughter-in-law Rhonda and his twin babies Madison and Malachi who are so very precious to me. My beautiful daughter Kacey who will be 21 on April 26th. Kacey is happily married to Matt Henry and they are expecting their first child John-Philip at the end of May. These are the people most dear to me and make my world the wonderful place that it is! JUST ADDED! New grandson was born on May 7th John-Philip Ryne Henry!

Portugal Bound!

Portugal Bound!